[soci-users] How to read data from a PL/pgSQL stored function?
Erasmo Aguilera
2016-04-20 19:36:53 UTC
Hello,

I've been looking around how to read results from a PL/pgSQL stored
function, but I've only found information about executing stored procedures
(not actually reading).

I have the following stored PL/pgSQL function that returns a single row from
a certain table:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_row(row_id my_table.id%TYPE)

RETURNS RECORD AS $$

DECLARE

result my_table%ROWTYPE;

BEGIN

SELECT * INTO result FROM my_table WHERE id = row_id;

RETURN result;

END;

$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

What is the correct SOCI code for reading the row returned by the previous
function? What if I need to return a TABLE instead of a RECORD?

Sincerely.

Erasmo Aguilera.