[soci-users] Mysql and Assignment Operators
Denis
2014-06-10 21:56:11 UTC
Is it possible to add support for the assignment operator in mysql
backend, as in postgresql_statement_backend::prepare():

// Check whether this is an assignment(e.g. x:=y)
// and treat it as a special case, not as a named binding
else if ((next_it != end) && (*next_it == '='))
{
query_ += ":=";
++it;
}

Cause expressions like these:
UPDATE t1 SET c1 = 2 WHERE c1 = @var1 := 1;
performed with an error.
Lalit Bhasin
2014-06-11 04:14:49 UTC
On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:58 AM, Denis <***@mail.ru> wrote:

Is  it  possible  to  add support for the assignment operator in mysql
backend, as in postgresql_statement_backend::prepare():

+1. It would be nice to have this support available for mysql. I remember reporting similar issue last year:

https://www.mail-archive.com/soci-***@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01737.html

/Lalit
Pawel Aleksander Fedorynski

2014-06-16 03:37:16 UTC
Hey team,

Can someone please apply the attached change to devel? I cannot compile
devel. Else I can apply it myself to master if you prefer.

Thanks,

Aleksander

Mateusz Łoskot
2014-06-16 10:43:33 UTC
Hi Pawel,

Not sure what is happening with devel right now.

So, I think you can simply merge to master, but could you open
an Issue just so I can attach it to 3.2.3 milestone and not forget about it?

I do realise the 3.2.3 is crawling extremely slow, but I will release
master (+ collected minor fixes) eventually as 3.2.3.

Then I will be able to check what's wrong with devel.

Thanks,
Mateusz
2014-06-16 15:49:22 UTC
Done (pushed to master and created Issue
https://github.com/SOCI/soci/issues/259)

Cheers,

Aleksander
Post by Denis
Is it possible to add support for the assignment operator in mysql
// Check whether this is an assignment(e.g. x:=y)
// and treat it as a special case, not as a named binding
else if ((next_it != end) && (*next_it == '='))
{
query_ += ":=";
++it;
}
performed with an error.
Post by Pawel Aleksander Fedorynski
Post by Pawel Aleksander Fedorynski
Post by Denis
HPCC Systems Open Source Big Data Platform from LexisNexis Risk
Solutions
Post by Denis
http://p.sf.net/sfu/hpccsystems