[soci-users] Linking error after switch from soci 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
Ralph Scherer
2015-05-13 12:03:57 UTC
Dear list members,

after switching from soci 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 I get the follwing linking
error message.
Can someone please help me solving this issue?

Bests
Ralph

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
soci::details::once_temp_type & __thiscall
soci::details::once_temp_type::operator,(class
soci::details::type_ptr<class soci::details::use_type_base> const &)"
(??***@details@soci@@***@ABV?$***@Vuse_type_base@***@soci@@@12@@Z)

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall
soci::details::statement_impl::exchange_for_rowset(class
soci::details::type_ptr<class soci::details::into_type_base> const &)"
(?***@statement_impl@***@soci@@QAEXABV?$***@Vinto_type_base@***@soci@@@23@@Z)

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
soci::details::prepare_temp_type & __thiscall
soci::details::prepare_temp_type::operator,(class
Mateusz Loskot
2015-05-13 14:02:52 UTC
Post by Ralph Scherer
Dear list members,
after switching from soci 3.2.2 to 3.2.3 I get the follwing linking
error message.
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
soci::details::once_temp_type & __thiscall
soci::details::once_temp_type::operator,(class
soci::details::type_ptr<class soci::details::use_type_base> const &)"
I've just made quick test, successfully built SOCI (+empty+ODBC backends)
from the current release/3.2 branch using Visual Studio 2013.

The release/3.2 branch has received a few fixes comparing to the released 3.2.
Could you try to build from the branch?

git clone https://github.com/SOCI/soci.git
git checkout release/3.2

then build as you usually do.
You will need to clean the previous CMake cache and generated files,
basically wipe out everything from your build directory.

If it's still failing, I'll need more details:
- exact CMake command + options you are using
- VS version

Best regards,
Mateusz Loskot
2015-05-13 14:05:00 UTC
Post by Mateusz Loskot
Post by Ralph Scherer
[...]
One more word, I confess, I had not tested SOCI 3.2 on Windows
extensively due to resource constraints.

Best regards,
Ralph Scherer
2015-05-13 14:44:33 UTC
Dear Mateusz,

thank you for the fast reply. Sadly, I can not test it before next monday.
I will answer again next week.

Bests
Ralph Scherer

Mateusz Loskot
2015-05-18 08:12:10 UTC
Post by Ralph Scherer
Dear Mateusz,
good news. Soci 3.2.3 from github works and errors are not longer given.
Ralph,

I'm glad to hear it works.

The release/3.2 can be considered as stable, a kind of, rolling release
https://github.com/SOCI/soci/wiki/Branches

Best regards,