[soci-users] When the next version will be released? / Support of C++11 compilers
Denis Arnaud
2016-09-04 12:33:25 UTC

stumbling upon the issue of deprecation of std::auto_ptr (e.g.,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3697686/why-is-auto-ptr-being-deprecated),
fixed (I guess) by ec7d2df,
<https://github.com/SOCI/soci/commit/ec7d2dfc3da907a3d248599a0d8e2340c258fcf6#diff-c92a6495d40cd9975682572e45ccc338R98>
I was wondering when the next version (3.2.3? 3.3.0?), including those
fixes, would be released?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Denis
Mateusz Loskot
2016-09-05 09:04:16 UTC
Post by Denis Arnaud
Hi,
stumbling upon the issue of deprecation of std::auto_ptr (e.g.,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3697686/why-is-auto-ptr-being-deprecated),
fixed (I guess) by ec7d2df, I was wondering when the next version (3.2.3?
3.3.0?), including those fixes, would be released?
Current release is 3.2.3.
I don't think any new 3.x release is going to happen - no resources.
I think all, though limited, activities are geared towards SOCI 4.

Best regards,

Sergei Nikulov
2016-09-05 13:47:50 UTC
Post by Mateusz Loskot
Post by Denis Arnaud
Hi,
stumbling upon the issue of deprecation of std::auto_ptr (e.g.,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3697686/why-is-auto-ptr-being-deprecated),
fixed (I guess) by ec7d2df, I was wondering when the next version (3.2.3?
3.3.0?), including those fixes, would be released?
Current release is 3.2.3.
I don't think any new 3.x release is going to happen - no resources.
I think all, though limited, activities are geared towards SOCI 4.
I cast my vote for SOCI 4 :)
Post by Mateusz Loskot
Best regards,
Best Regards,
Sergei Nikulov

Denis Arnaud
2016-09-05 14:43:29 UTC
So, when is planned the 4.0.0, then?

If we could ship a 3.2.4 with the C++11 patch (at least fixing the
std::auto_ptr issue), it would be good as well. Currently, SOCI (3.2.3) no
longer builds on newest Linux distributions (e.g., Fedora 24+)...
Post by Denis Arnaud
Post by Mateusz Loskot
Hi,
Post by Mateusz Loskot
Post by Denis Arnaud
3.3.0?), including those fixes, would be released?
Current release is 3.2.3.
I don't think any new 3.x release is going to happen - no resources.
I think all, though limited, activities are geared towards SOCI 4.
I cast my vote for SOCI 4 :)
Post by Mateusz Loskot
Best regards,
Best Regards,
Sergei Nikulov
Sergei Nikulov
2016-09-05 15:45:38 UTC
Post by Denis Arnaud
So, when is planned the 4.0.0, then?
I see no reasons why we can't release it (should we vote?).

Perhaps we should fix some issues, but it depends how important they are.
Anyway it is better to put lib in public and then stabilize it with
some minimal changes as Fedora does :)
--
Best Regards,
Sergei Nikulov